THURSDAY, June 3rd
– Optional ATV/UTV trek to Old Indian Church
FRIDAY, June 4th — at show location:
– 1963 Ski Doo raffle sled re-assembly will start.
– Optional registration & display of the feature sleds – antique sleds & vintage sleds
– 4:00 pm — Cracker Barrel socializing in the show-grounds tent
– Evening FREE hog roast, potato salad, beer or root beer
SATURDAY, June 5th — At Grandstay Hotel conference room:
– 8:00 am Board Meeting
– 9:00 am General Membership Annual Meeting and Officer Elections
SATURDAY, June 5th — At show location:
– 10:30 am: Finish re-assembly of 1963 Ski Doo raffle sled
– Antique sleds & vintage sleds registration/display/judging
– ASCOA Ski Doo raffle tickets for sale
– 2:00 pm: Judging for the competition sleds
– 4:00 pm: Social Hour with well-known South Dakota Artist John C. Green painting a picture of antique and vintage sleds . The painting will be auctioned off
– Evening catered meal ($18 – must pre-register), ASCOA featured speaker and Live Auction at show-ground tent. Please bring items for the fund-raising live auction. All proceeds to ASCOA.
– Award ceremony for the competition sleds
– Our live auction is in the tent on Saturday night. All are invited to participate and have some great fun with us
Dakota’s Director Steve McLaen and Les Pinz have imagined two interesting events for Saturday at the Milbank show:
- SLOW DRAG RACE:
- Separate runs for snowmobile and two-wheeled vintage vehicles. (think Polaris Trail Tractor and Arctic Cat Cub)
- Extra points for creative driver costumes…
- SLOWEST IDLING MOTOR:
- Must be a motor used in a production snowmobile
- 30 second contest
- Separate categories for 2-stroke and 4-stroke…
For those of you camping on event grounds, there will be free firewood available. Bring your own fire ring.
All entrants should consider event sponsorship. For $ 100, you will receive these benefits:
- a Limited Edition Commemorative Milbank Show beer mug with free ice cold beer or root beer at meals during the event
- FREE multi-day event admission
- FREE weekend camping space (*or $20 off a night at Milbank hotels)
- FREE vendor/swapper/exhibitor space
- FREE show sled registration
- FREE Friday night hog roast
- FREE Milbank Show t-shirt or hoodie
Historical Ride Details
Also for the early comers Thursday, June 3, we are having a 4 wheeler or quads ride for a historical trail ride to the first church that was built in Grant County and is still standing. Brown Earth Old Indian Church Grand County South Dakota. (Click the two links above for more information and a video about the church.) All vehicles will be welcome to follow (pickups, cars, Jeeps, etc).
We will be leaving on the trail ride from the event site at 10:00am. Just get in line! A light lunch will be served at the Historical Church site around noon.